About what, you ask? Nothing in particular but everything in general. This week I've felt like my skin was crawling and I have no nerves left. You know that feeling? Must be hormonal is all I can think! These are not life and death issues here, but my list nonetheless:
1) Babies don't really ever get to a place where they 'sleep through the night' for good, do they? Well, maybe some do, but not mine. Oh yeah, she started 'sleeping all night' early on, like at three months. This really fooled me into believing it was permanent when she slept eleven or twelve hours without making a sound. Don't get me wrong, sometimes she still does that, but not often. Just often enough to get my hopes up! Otherwise she's teething, congested, feverish, or for some other unknown reason, crying at 3:30 in the a.m. And I mean really crying, like she's in pain, until we pick her up. This is not the kind you just ignore and she'll fall back asleep, either. Tried that.
2) I never get everything I need at the store. The 'list' is ongoing and aggravates me. I'll spend hours shopping, spend most of my grocery budget, get home and still find things I need.
3) It's the middle of February and in the 70's this week. Wonderful, yes!! But I never know what to wear. Too hot for sweaters and sleaves, but still too early to pull out the spring stuff because a cold front may sweep through later this afternoon. Layers, I suppose.....
4) I need some sleep. Hormone regulation and sleep. I thought at nine months old Eden would let us sleep more than this. Maybe I'll buy a big ol' tacky ugly rocker/recliner and just hold her all night when she cries for no apparent reason. Skip the list of necessities and go straight for the furniture stores!
5) A very serious one now which shows me I have no right to complain about anything. A friend passed away this week. 42. Two long years of battling cancer. Son who turns 13 today. Kind, loving husband who is now alone to raise their son. Life and death for sure.
Okay, I feel a little better now. Perspective is what I need. And gratitude. Lord help me! And please let me sleep tonight.
I hear ya, Alana has never consistently slept all night either! What would I do with two I keep asking myself? A lack of sleep messes with everything. I hope things even out for you, Alana is teething too right now, for number two! joy!
ReplyDeleteWell...you could let her come spend the night with me and you could sleep all you want...for one night anyway!
ReplyDeleteSometimes it does seem that all the little things add up to at least one medium sort of thing. Perspective is important and it helps to remind me to notice and be grateful for all the little blessings we get daily.
ReplyDeleteEden is just beautiful!!