One year ago today I walked in the kitchen, sniffling and blowing my nose, and found a huge vase of flowers and LOTS of wine. Am I a wino? Not at all! But there's one particular wine I sort of like and can actually drink about an inch of (hahaha) and Mark went crazy buying that brand!! It was our anniversary but I was miserable at home with a cold. It wasn't just any anniversary either, but our TWENTIETH! Quite an occasion, huh? Another big reason to celebrate was just about to happen....
On the same day a precious young woman was reading and looking through several adoption profile books. She was about to make a decision that would change lives forever---hers, ours, and a precious baby girl's. When we had almost despaired and given up the dream of ever parenting, someone we had never met was imagining her baby in our arms while she turned the pages of our profile. One of her main reasons? Our strong and long lasting marriage!
So today we celebrate being chosen. Chosen by each other, by Eden's birth mother, and by God, who orchestrated all of it. Happy Anniversary to my family!!
What a beautiful anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThat's really touching! What a vivid metaphor of what it means to be chosen by God.
ReplyDelete