I'm a little tired of hearing people say a few certain words pertaining to adoption. They come in sentences like this: "Oh, I don't want to be pregnant again, so we'll just adopt." "Oh, you can't get pregnant? Just adopt ." "My son and his wife are going to just adopt." "Infertility's not really a big deal. Just adopt."
Like it's dropping by the store to pick up a gallon of milk. No big deal. No paperwork, no interviews, fingerprinting, background checks, medical evaluations, or reference letters. And don't forget the little part about money. Or waiting. Or rejection. Or a disruption. Want to show how little you know about adoption? Say those words. Just say them!
Isn't it the truth? If ONLY it were that easy (and cheap)...maybe we'd have four kids by now :).
ReplyDeleteWhat happens is those people look into it, get discouraged by the process or cost and realize it'd just be easier to get pregnant after all.
Sigh.
You know how I feel about the subject!
ReplyDeleteUgh, that's all I can say... UGH!
ReplyDelete