Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First time for everything

Alright folks, I've started a blog. I follow several of my friends' blogs and thought it might be fun to do one myself. I see it as a way to make myself journal. Can this be considered a type of journaling? I can't seem to make myself write in an actual journal with a pen. Somehow this seems easier. We'll see if I actually do this or it falls to the wayside like many other new things I try! At least this doesn't require a financial investment to get started!! lol

I don't know any of the 'rules' for blogging. Maybe someone can clue me in?

I've been thinking a lot lately about how much I enjoy looking forward to things. The anticipation of an event is almost as fun as the event itself. I get excited about the holidays starting around September. Oh, I don't do anything, I just like thinking about how much fun they'll be. And then I find myself thinking back, enjoying the memories I have about everything from childhood to last weekend with friends. My point? I spend so much time looking forward and looking back, that I wonder if I'm truly enjoying the present, the now. And there you have my title. A goal, of sorts. Relishing every moment that He gives me, whatever I may be doing, whether it's changing a diaper, throwing the tennis ball for my dog with my baby on my hip, or going on a fantastic vacation. Breathing in the now. Lord help me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! There are no rules. You just say want you want and do what you want! How great is that?
    Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete